0300 303 7333

Home contents insurance

East Thames insures the building you live in, but it is your responsibility, as outlined in your tenancy agreement, to insure your personal possessions. This is known as contents insurance and covers such things as damage caused by fire, theft, water damage, vandalism or floods to most of your household goods and contents. It also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer.

We can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home, East Thames tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover. Cover is provided by Thistle Insurance. 

For more information about the scheme, costs or what it covers, contact Thistle on 0345 450 7288 or myhome@thistleinsurance.co.ukand let them know you're an East Thames resident. 

Useful documents:

Rate card