Here are some ways you can publicise your home and find someone to swap with:
- ChoiceHomes – This is a free online service which allows you to advertise your home and browse other properties to swap with. All East Homes residents can register on the website but we will check your advert before it goes online. For full details go to www.ellcchoicehomes.org.uk.
- HomeSwapper – This is a national scheme used by 650 landlords and 157,000 tenants. To take part, you need to register online at www.homeswapper.co.uk. HomeSwapper publishes lists of people who want to move into your area. You can view them at local council offices or on their website.
- Advertising locally – Many people advertise their homes in local papers or local shop windows. There will probably be a charge to advertise your home.
- Disabled Data Link – If your home has been designed or adapted for a disabled person, you may need to find an exchange partner who needs the special facilities. Please speak to us for advice first. The Disabled Data Link Group runs an online exchange register at www.ddlg.co.uk.
- Disabled Community Information – www.gov.uk provides information and support to disabled people, including housing options.
An option for tenants aged 60 or over is the Seaside & Country Homes scheme. This free service finds homes for tenants wanting to move to the countryside or the coast. Find out more at www.housingmoves.org.
If you are planning on a mutual exchange, you do need to let us know, because we will need permission from both landlords for the exchange.
For more information contact the Lettings Team on 0845 600 0830 or firstname.lastname@example.org