Prospect East is the first phase of the Chobham Farm masterplan which covers 6.67 hectares of land to the east of East Village and northeast of Westfield Stratford City.
East Thames worked closely with the two other landowners, London Borough of Newham (LBN) and London and Continental Railways (LCR) to develop the masterplan which will deliver over 1,000 new homes across five phases and space for smaller businesses and local shops across.
Planning permission was secured in 2013, which was in detail for the land owned by East Thames and in outline for land owned by LBN and LCR.
Prospect East will offer a mixed tenure opportunity for families and individuals and will bring the community together around attractive new parks and squares.
Prospect East will provide:
- 173 new homes,
- 1,162m² of commercial space ,
- 76 car parking spaces and 317 cycle spaces cycle parking,
- 1887m2 of publically accessible of which 558m2 will be park squares and amenity space
- 35% of the new homes will be family homes of 3 bed or more
- 46% will be affordable comprising social rent, affordable rent and shared ownership.
Hill Partnerships Ltd started on site in February 2014 and the first new homes will be available in late 2016.