Who we are and what we do
We’re one of the largest providers of affordable housing in east London and Essex. We also provide supported care and accommodation for people with more intensive needs and we offer a range of programmes for people who want to get back into work or training as well as community development initiatives.
We know that providing a safe and well maintained home is the most important part of our work, but our philosophy has always been to do more than just housing and to help people improve their neighbourhoods and their lives.
East Thames Group is made up of the following:
- East Thames Group is the parent Group, which has three main operational subsidiaries. These are East Homes, East Living and East Potential.
- East Homes is the part of our Group which provides housing management services for existing residents as well as affordable housing options in high quality developments, including low-cost rented homes and schemes to help first-time buyers get the home for them.
- East Living is the part of our Group which runs more than 80 care schemes across east London and Essex, providing residential and respite accommodation and floating support to about 2,000 people with particular needs including older people, people with mental health needs and women and children seeking refuge from domestic violence.
- East Potential is the part of our Group which provides programmes to help individuals lead better lives and develop communities. It is committed to raising aspirations, promoting community cohesion and giving people a chance to succeed. It does this through foyer accommodation for young people aged 16-24; employment and training programmes; arts and cultural programmes; children’s centres for parents and small children; and sustainable living projects.
- Triathlon Homes is a joint venture company which will purchase, own and manage 1380 affordable homes at the Athletes’ Village after 2012. It has been established by East Thames, Southern Housing Group and First Base. Triathlon Homes is committed to creating affordable, high quality homes for local people to ensure a successful legacy for Stratford and the wider east London community after 2012.
We are proud to have been recognised for the quality and innovation of our housing developments, community initiatives and company culture. For a snapshot of recent award wins, shortlists and accreditations click here.