We will be an employer of choice and create opportunities for our people and our residents to realise their full potential. In 2019/20 we will:
• Introduce and implement a new pay and reward strategy, including new pay grades, revised bonus arrangements and a review of our range of flexible benefits
• Implement a new skills and development strategy to support our future leaders
• Expand the reach of the L&Q Academy by creating degree-level apprenticeships
• Enhance our support to prevent low-level conflict from escalating.
We will improve the service our residents receive by giving our teams the right tools for the job and becoming a more connected business. In 2019/20 we will:
• Improve remote modern working capabilities that reflect colleagues’ different needs, with easy access to information anytime, anyplace, on any device
• Make it easier to transact with us – by delivering our Microsoft Dynamics 365 programme, including CRM and customer service centre upgrades and using innovative technologies and artificial intelligence to deliver better, faster, lower-cost services
• Provide customers and colleagues with cyber security assurance that L&Q is a business they can trust.
Quality of homes
We will manage homes for existing residents to a level we can be proud of. In 2019/20 we will:
• Focus on providing good quality homes by embedding new quality standards consistently across all schemes, including a new standard for sheltered housing
• Develop a targeted and strategic asset disposal strategy based on quality of home, efficiency, organisational geography and accelerated staircasing, to generate £30 million in extra revenue
• Invest in smart systems and technology, including rolling out low-cost broadband to customers and connecting more schemes so that we are alerted if work is needed to, say, boilers or lifts.