We will transform our organisational culture to one that empowers and encourages colleagues to achieve their goals. In 2019/20 we will:
• Implement and embed an engagement strategy to encourage high levels of trust and engagement within the organisation, monitored through the Great Places to Work index
• Embed our values and behaviours through cultural conversations workshops, helping our people connect our values to our everyday work
• Support colleagues and managers in getting the most from a modern workplace, where we work more flexibly, including at hot desks or from home
• Deliver a group-wide culture campaign involving colleague events, film and photography.
We will make it easier for our people, residents and customers to engage and transact with us by embedding customer-focused systems and behaviour to make real our customer promise. In 2019/20 we will focus on five key areas of work:
• Complete more repairs at first visit by improving scheduling, diagnostics and getting the right skilled tradespeople to the right jobs – targeting 80% first-time-fix at year end
• Review and improve the current operating model to deliver better local services.
Easy to deal with
• Deliver online services to enable customers to self-serve, anytime, anyplace, on any device
• Launch a new website and start delivering online transactional services (webchat, intelligent help and advice, sign in, payments online and dynamic web forms)
• Consolidate customer contact for the L&Q Group into a unified customer contact centre
• Provide transparent cost information to all customers by reviewing our approach to service charges and sinking funds and delivering best practice in how we charge for services.
Listen and act
• Support colleagues in using a consistent and helpful tone of voice across all channels – from letters to phone calls – to help build customer trust
• Set up an electronic panel to hear the thoughts of a larger, more diverse range of customers and pilot a new approach to resident involvement in three communities
• Take part in the National Housing Federation early adopters programme for Together with Tenants and embed the approach within our governance structures.
Put things right
• Embed a two-stage complaints process to improve customer experience and reduce complaint resolution time, aiming to resolve complaints with customers within ten days
• Systemise and embed our learning from the complaints we receive.
Keep customers safe
• Be active members of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government’s early adopters programme
• Meet our landlord obligations set out in the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act by delivering a more effective and robust response to damp and mould
• Deliver a single point of statutory asset compliance in the home for the Group.