Most popular FAQs

Showing 1-5 of 5 FAQs
  • How can I report anti-social behaviour (asb)?

    Anti-social behaviour includes a wide range of unacceptable behaviour that affects the quality of life for residents or others living or working in the community.

    What we consider anti-social:
    • Domestic violence and abuse
    • Physical violence
    • Hate-related incidents (eg based on race, sexual orientation, gender, disability or belief)
    • Verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation or threatening behaviour
    • Vandalism and damage to properties
    • Prostitution, sexual acts or kerb crawling
    • Criminal behaviour
    • Misuse of communal areas, public areas or loitering

    How to report anti-social behaviour
    You should always start by calling the police on 999 for emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies.

    Find out more about ASB

  • Can I keep a pet?

    If you’d like to keep a pet, please apply for permission first, using a pet request form. You must ask our permission for each new animal, including when a petpasses away and you plan to replace it with an animal of the same type. 

    In instances where permission is not necessary (eg guide dogs) you should still notify us of the pet so we can also keep a record of animals in the property.

    We recognise the importance pets have for owners but seek to balance this with the potential nuisance caused if the animal is inappropriate for the size or type of property, or if they are irresponsibly managed. If you feel that someone or an animal is at risk please contact the police and then report the incident to us.

  • Who's responsible for repairs to my home?

    Our responsibilities:

    • Keeping the structure and exterior of your home safe, secure and weatherproof
    • Making sure all water, gas, electricity, heating and sanitation are in working order
    • Maintaining communal areas and facilities

    Your responsibilities:

    • Keeping your home clean and in good condition
    • Preventing damage caused by neglect or misuse (you may be charged if this occurs)
    • Making minor repairs that require no technical ability and use common tools
    • Redecorating inside your home
    • Keeping gardens and shared areas tidy
    • Your own DIY

    If you want to make any changes to your home (including drilling), you must ask permission.

    If you’re having difficulties, please follow one of our 'how-to' video guides.

  • Do I have the right to buy my home?

    Most housing association tenants do not have the right to buy.

    An exception to this would be if you have a protected assured tenancy. You may have this if you had a home with a local authority that was transferred to L&Q. Because you had no choice in this, your right to buy would be protected.

    Read more about right to buy and right to acquire

  • How do I find out if my house is in a conservation area or is a listed building?

    You can either check your lease, or contact your local council