Renting from us
As one of London’s most experienced landlords, we understand what customers want. The homes we offer for rent are built to a very high standard, in the right areas and with the peace of mind that comes from our dedicated maintenance service.
The homes we offer for rent are mostly new build properties or have been recently refurbished. We offer homes across London and they are available on a first come, first served basis.
Our eligibility criteria
There are some basic eligibility criteria to qualify for our rental homes. In order to rent a property directly from L&Q you will need to meet the following:
- British/EU/EEA Citizen or have a valid visa to reside in the UK
- Have no County Court Judgements (CCJs), Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs) or Bankruptcy
- Have no adverse rental history such as rent arrears or history of anti-social behaviour within a tenancy. We will need to obtain a satisfactory landlord reference for one years living history as part of the referencing process.
- Meet the minimum affordability/income criteria which will be determined by the rental amount of your chosen property/budget.
- Have access to one month’s rent in advance and five-weeks' rent as a tenancy deposit
- For private rent properties, we consider student households with six months up front rental payment. We also consider households on temporary employment contracts,as long as the time remaining on your employment contract at the start of your tenancy will be more than six months we can offer a six month tenancy.
L&Q calculate rents based on a number of factors including location, size and the specification of the property and will align our rents with other private rental values in the same area.
Renting through L&Q is open to anyone who meets the minimum required household income, and this is set to make sure you're able to comfortably afford the rent and living costs associated with living in the property of your choice.
All of our private rent properties are listed on Rightmove.
Intermediate market rent
Intermediate market rent is designed to help working households who cannot yet afford to buy a home, who are unable to afford the cost of renting on the open market or cannot access social rented housing.
Intermediate rent offers you the opportunity to rent at less than the market rate. The rent charged is normally approximately 20% lower than what you would expect to pay for a similar home in a similar area if you were renting from a private landlord.
All potential Intermediate Market Rent tenants will have to meet the above criteria. There is also an additional set of eligibility criteria which will apply for IMR. Typical requirements may include:
- Overall household income below £90,000 if applying for a property in London or £80,000 if applying for a property outside of London (subject to affordability assessment)
- You are unable to afford to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you apply to rent
- You may be required to currently live or work in the area in which you are applying to rent (varies from scheme to scheme, depending on local council stipulations, please enquire)
- Depending on the scheme and the local council, further affordability criteria may apply to some properties including varying minimum and maximum income criteria.
All of our IMR homes are listed on Rightmove.
Finding a new home
We have properties all over London – including Barking, Bermondsey, Greenwich, Seven Sisters, Wimbledon, Battersea, Lewisham, Catford, Sydenham, Twickenham, Haggerston, Walthamstow and East Ham.
If there are no suitable properties right now, you can call 020 8853 6937 to register for properties that become available in the future.